Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <th...@gmail.com> on 2004/10/28 16:35:58 UTC

Re: print FOP formated JSP how?

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 21:18:04 +0200, Johannes Wolfgang Woger
<jw...@chello.at> wrote:
> >For FOP to render anything, your HTML must be converted to the XSL-FO
> >dialect, and then processed.  The FOP distribution has several
> >examples regarding how to use FOP.
> >
> How do I access the HTML dynamically generated from JSP ?
>
> I found a servlet in the examples of FOP, that takes an XML file
> (could by my XHTML ) and an XSL file via a query string. But
> the files cannot be found in a winXP environment. The files are
> considert to be in  C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32.
>
> Any suggestions ?

If you need to catch the output of a JSP-page you should look into
servlet filters, or make a recursive call.

If you do not want to code a lot, then see if  Apache Cocoon can help you.

I am not aware of an officially supported HTML->XSL-FO conversion
mechanism which will allow you to print via FOP, so I think you have
chosen the tool before knowing if it cal help.

Perhaps you should take the time to carefully state your basic problem
without mentioning any technical products?
--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen - "...plus...Tubular Bells!"