Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Angel Miralles Arevalo <an...@yahoo.es> on 2007/06/20 13:21:51 UTC

Using modal dialog from Sandbox!

Hi everyone, please someone who uses modal dialog from Sandbox...

I'm trying to send some information (inputText) from a modal dialog (like Irian example). It is possible?

Thank you very much.

¡Descubre una nueva forma de obtener respuestas a tus preguntas!
Entra en Yahoo! Respuestas.
http://es.answers.yahoo.com/info/welcome

Re: Using modal dialog from Sandbox!

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
Angel Miralles Arevalo schrieb:
> Hi everyone, please someone who uses modal dialog from Sandbox...
>
> I'm trying to send some information (inputText) from a modal dialog
> (like Irian example). It is possible?
>
> Thank you very much.

Yes you can do it the following ways
define the modal dialog box in its own form (never embed it in a form
that does not work) and then do a simple submit...

Use saveState or other techniques to keep the values outside of the form
which you want to preserve

Alternatively you can use javascript, you can define a javaScriptVar
name and use a javascript with a hide statement  to close the dialog
but then you have to move the values into their corresponding fields
in your main form.

Either way works.