Posted to users@camel.apache.org by xuloo <tr...@xuloo.cc> on 2016/10/10 23:50:10 UTC

camel-google-mail NPE null configuration

I'm trying to simply list the messages in a gmail inbox.

I've imported camel-google-mail 2.17.0
I've created the access/refresh tokens for the correct client/secret for the
gmail account.
I've configured the component in a simple route via java api
(google-mail://messages/list?clientId=....)

When i run the application and start the route i get an NPE which points to

org.apache.camel.component.google.mail.GoogleMailComponent.getClient(GoogleMailComponent.java:50

as the culprit.

Doing a bit of digging in the source reveals that the configuration property
of GoogleMailComponent is never set, so it's null... so i don't understand
how this component could ever work... unless there's some magic going on
that i'm not privy to (and which isn't documented at
http://camel.apache.org/googlemail.html

Am i missing something obvious here?

Re: camel-google-mail NPE null configuration

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
Fixed up for camel-google-mail here

I'll check the other components later but its likely same case.

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 2:16 PM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Yes its a bug you are welcome to report a JIRA ticket
> http://camel.apache.org/support.html
>
> Its similar problem in google-drive and google-calendar I assume.
>
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 1:50 AM, xuloo <tr...@xuloo.cc> wrote:
> > I'm trying to simply list the messages in a gmail inbox.
> >
> > I've imported camel-google-mail 2.17.0
> > I've created the access/refresh tokens for the correct client/secret for
> the
> > gmail account.
> > I've configured the component in a simple route via java api
> > (google-mail://messages/list?clientId=....)
> >
> > When i run the application and start the route i get an NPE which points
> >
> > org.apache.camel.component.google.mail.GoogleMailComponent.getClient(
> GoogleMailComponent.java:50
> >
> > as the culprit.
> >
> > Doing a bit of digging in the source reveals that the configuration
> property
> > of GoogleMailComponent is never set, so it's null... so i don't
> understand
> > how this component could ever work... unless there's some magic going on
> > that i'm not privy to (and which isn't documented at
> > http://camel.apache.org/googlemail.html
> >
> > Am i missing something obvious here?
> >

> > --

> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------
> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Cheers,
Jon
---------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: janstey@redhat.com
Web: http://redhat.com
Twitter: jon_anstey
Blog: http://janstey.blogspot.com
Camel in Action:
https://www.manning.com/books/camel-in-action-second-edition

Re: camel-google-mail NPE null configuration

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi