Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Dong Joon Hyun <dh...@hortonworks.com> on 2017/08/21 00:45:27 UTC

Increase Timeout or optimize Spark UT?

Hi, All.

Recently, Apache Spark master branch test (SBT with hadoop-2.7 / 2.6) has been hitting the build timeout.

Please see the build time trend.

https://amplab.cs.berkeley.edu/jenkins/view/Spark%20QA%20Test%20(Dashboard)/job/spark-master-test-sbt-hadoop-2.7/buildTimeTrend

All recent 22 builds fail due to timeout directly/indirectly. The last success (SBT with Hadoop-2.7) is 15th August.

We may do the followings.

  1.  Increase Build Timeout (3 hr 30 min)
  2.  Optimize UTs (Scala/Java/Python/UT)

But, Option 1 will be the immediate solution for now . Could you update the Jenkins setup?

Bests,
Dongjoon.

Re: Increase Timeout or optimize Spark UT?

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com>.
BTW, the situation seems to become worse, now we lost two builds.

-
https://amplab.cs.berkeley.edu/jenkins/view/Spark%20QA%20Test%20(Dashboard)/job/spark-master-test-sbt-hadoop-2.7/
-
https://amplab.cs.berkeley.edu/jenkins/view/Spark%20QA%20Test%20(Dashboard)/job/spark-master-test-sbt-hadoop-2.6/

Dongjoon.

Posted by Maciej Szymkiewicz <ms...@gmail.com>.

--

Z poważaniem,
Maciej Szymkiewicz

Re: Increase Timeout or optimize Spark UT?

Posted by Michael Armbrust <mi...@databricks.com>.

Posted by Mark Hamstra <ma...@clearstorydata.com>.
This is another argument for getting the code to the point where this can
default to "true":

SQLConf.scala:  val ADAPTIVE_EXECUTION_ENABLED = buildConf("
*spark.sql.adaptive.enabled*")

Posted by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com>.
+1

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 12:25 PM, Maciej Szymkiewicz <mszymkiewicz@gmail.com

Posted by Maciej Szymkiewicz <ms...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

From my experience it is possible to cut quite a lot by reducing

Posted by Maciej Szymkiewicz <ms...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Increase Timeout or optimize Spark UT?

Posted by Dong Joon Hyun <dh...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com>.