Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Marco A.G.Pinto" <ma...@mail.telepac.pt> on 2014/12/08 02:30:10 UTC

English Dictionaries auto-update

Hello!

The other day I was on IRC talking with JZA.

I believe he asked if we had the English dictionaries auto-updating.

Is there a way of making it automatic?

What happens is that, every time one clicks in the update link, it jumps
to the extension page.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
        ----------------------

Re: English Dictionaries auto-update

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Marco A.G.Pinto wrote:
> I believe he asked if we had the English dictionaries auto-updating.
> Is there a way of making it automatic?

A fully silent update (i.e. OpenOffice does not even prompt you, it
simply silently downloads the update and replaces the extension, like
some other programs do) is not supported. More on other options below.

> What happens is that, every time one clicks in the update link, it jumps
> to the extension page.

This is the desired behavior. Here in theory, as discussed on the dev
list long ago, there are two options. You are always prompted to update,
but after you say OK you can have the extension automatically downloaded
or you can open its web page and download it. The latter option is the
one currently implemented, probably because it is easier to handle by
the SourceForge mirror network (which is used to offer the actual .oxt
files for download).

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: English Dictionaries auto-update