Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/13 15:23:10 UTC

Re: [nutch-cassandra-docker] Inquiry on contribution (#1)

Hi Mohamed,
This is fantastic thank you for the response.
I created an issue in our Jira issue tracker for this

We recently added an HBase Docker container, this now resides in the docker
directory of the Nutch source
https://github.com/apache/nutch/tree/2.x/docker
If you were able to add a 'cassandra' directory containing your container
there, that would be grand.

So what we need to do is as follows

2. git clone http://github.com/apache/nutch.git
3. cd nutch-2.x
4. git checkout -b NUTCH-1923
5. edit files
6. git status (make sure it shows what files you expected to edit)
7. git add <files>
8. git commit -m “fix for NUTCH-1923 contributed by <your username>”
9. git fork
10. git push -u <your git username> NUTCH-1923
11. git pull-request

If you prefer to work with SVN then this is OK. We can sort this out as
well.
Thank you very much, if you need assistance then please reply here.
Also, if you are able to sign up for Jira then I will assign the above
issue to you so you are credited for your work.
Thank you very much
Lewis