Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Dominic Kim <st...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/17 01:46:19 UTC

A proposal for a new scheduler

Dear whiskers.

I opened a PR to propose a new scheduler.

Please refer to this PR: https://github.com/apache/openwhisk/pull/4921

You may find these useful:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENWHISK/New+architecture+proposal
It is about design considerations and general architecture.

Since it's a bit big module, we would incrementally merge small PRs.
So we need to allow some incomplete modules at some point.
For example, some modules may not have their counterparts, and some modules
may include dummy codes as there is no relevant module yet, and so on.

But we will do our best to modularize them and add as many test codes as
possible.

Please look into it and share your thoughts.
Any comments would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Best regards.
Dominic

Re: A proposal for a new scheduler

Posted by Dominic Kim <st...@gmail.com>.
Dear Whiskers.

I would merge the PR* in 24 hours based on the silent consent.
Please share your opinion if you have any.

Thanks in advance.
-dom

* [1] Add a proposal for a new scheduler:
https://github.com/apache/openwhisk/pull/4921

2020년 6월 30일 (화) 오후 11:49, Rodric Rabbah <ro...@gmail.com>님이 작성:

Posted by Rodric Rabbah <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dominic.