Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ja...@wendysmoak.com> on 2005/10/03 21:42:21 UTC

Re: 1.3.0 Release - Next Steps

The usual Monday update. :)

The tiles-documentation webapp now builds and (mostly) works, but it's not
included in the overall 'build-all' goal.  Right now it lives in
tiles/tiles-documentation, and I don't immediately see how to get Maven to
build it as part of Tiles.

There's a similar situation (a jar plus a webapp) in EL, but that's not done
quite right either-- there you have to convince Maven to include a second
directory of source code, which it doesn't like to do.  Both Tiles and EL
probably need to be reorganized to work better with Maven.

The Cactus tests for EL still need attention.  I'll open a bug ticket for it
in a few days.

--
Wendy

Re: 1.3.0 Release - Next Steps

Posted by Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com>.
There is still more to do with the Core documention for Building
Components and Configuration Applications sections.  We tweaked the
product names, but I don't know that the background text is still in
synch with the new distribution paradigm. I do know that the Request
Processor section still refers to the 1.2.x version.

Site seems OK ow, and after Core,  next in line would be Taglibs. The
developer guides are already over there, but they need to be reviewed,
and we could also use a better introduction page. There's a copy of
the original "Building_View" page there. We need to scavage from that
the sectiosn that do not already appear in the Core version.

-Ted.

HTH, Ted.
http://www.husted.com/poe/

Re: 1.3.0 Release - Next Steps