Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Pete Carlson <pe...@tetraconcepts.com> on 2014/03/19 22:13:28 UTC

Storm topology deployment issue

Hi,

I'm able to deploy my Storm topology I call extract-topology to Storm just
fine, and I can see all my bolts and spouts in the Storm UI.

However, it doesn't seem to have all of my configurations.  I modified my
storm.yaml file to append the following new configuration components to the
end of the file:

## accumulo instance name
accumulo.instance: "test"

## accumulo username
accumulo.user: "root"

## accumulo password
accumulo.password: "secret"

## activemq connection URL
activemq.url: "tcp://localhost:61616"

## TSD connection URL
time.series.url: "http://localhost:4545/api/put"

And then I copied this updated storm.yaml under
/var/lib/storm/storm-0.9.0/conf.

Yet, when I look at my deployed Storm topology via the storm UI I don't see
these topology configurations.  Is there something else I need to do for
Storm to pick up my configurations?

Thanks for your help,

Pete

Re: Storm topology deployment issue

Posted by Pete Carlson <pe...@tetraconcepts.com>.
All,

I did some further google searches and discovered that I can use a bunch of
-c flags to pass the configurations I want to the storm topology:

[root@ip-XX-XXX-X-XX bin]# ./storm jar
df-etl-sensor-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT-storm.jar
com.datafascia.storm.extract.ExtractTopology extract-topology -c
accumulo.instance=test -c accumulo.user=root -c accumulo.password=secret -c
activemq.url=tcp://localhost:61616 -c time.series.url=
http://localhost:4545/api/put

2843 [main] INFO  backtype.storm.StormSubmitter - Submitting topology
extract-topology in distributed mode with conf
{"accumulo.user":"root","time.series.url":"http:\/\/localhost:4545\/api\/put","topology.workers":3,"accumulo.instance":"test","accumulo.password":"secret","activemq.url":"tcp:\/\/localhost:61616"}
3164 [main] INFO  backtype.storm.StormSubmitter - Finished submitting
topology: extract-topology

But can anyone point me to an example of how I read the properties in my
topoology and put them in the Config object so they are available to my
Spouts and Bolts?  I found various posts that people have done that, but no
examples of how.

Thanks,

Pete

--