Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Carlos Trigoso <ca...@ntlworld.com> on 2005/05/02 11:38:48 UTC

ApacheDS with Eclipse/Mevenide

Hello!

Thank you for all the information. I am still about to integrate the Maven
project into Eclipse, but first sorted out the compilation problems under
Windows XP. I also had the junit test failures initially. I then followed
mainly the instructions by Emmanuel.

1) Installed Maven
2) Installed Cactus plugin
3) Installed Subversion
4) Obtained fresh copy of the project with
svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory
5) Built project with

maven multiproject:install -Dmaven.test.skip=true

6) Started the server with

java -jar apacheds-main-0.9-SNAPSHOT.jar

... server started without problems
server: using default properties ...
server: started in 2078 milliseconds

...the server started on port 389... but certainly my Windows CP Firewall is
*disabled*. The ZoneAlarm firewall is configured for previously existing
LDAP servers so it was no problem.

Notes: No problems with the PATH (as this was previously set)
       No problems with MAVEN_HOME or JAVA_HOME also previously set
       No junit errors

Now on to Eclipse...

Thanks again for all the info!

Regards,