Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Laczen JMS <la...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/20 11:03:32 UTC

bleprph with newmgr over ble - disable uart

Hi,

I am trying to build bleprph with newtmgr on a nrf51822 (16kb). I would
like to disable the uart and use only ble for newtmgr. How can I disable
the uart ? What (if any) functionality will I lose?

Kind regards,

Jehudi

Re: bleprph with newmgr over ble - disable uart

Posted by Jacob Rosenthal <ja...@gmail.com>.
If you look at bleprph's pkg.yml by default it already has newtmgr with a
ble transport, and no uart/shell transport

    - "@apache-mynewt-core/mgmt/newtmgr"
    - "@apache-mynewt-core/mgmt/newtmgr/transport/ble"

Now uart isnt disabled though, you edit or in your bsp for a syscfg.yml
flag to disable uart entirely, and you're going to have to follow a lot of
warnings about logging and console trying to use a uart that doesnt exist
but to start with you can try to stub those.
    - "@apache-mynewt-core/sys/console/stub"
    - "@apache-mynewt-core/sys/log/stub"