Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Carsten <ca...@ccmanalysis.de> on 2021/01/08 15:09:26 UTC

Control Center core limit info

Hello all,

after an install marathon yesterday night, I was ready to test Ignite
2.9.1 + GridGainControl Center 2020.12.

But when starting everything (4 nodes + control center) I got the
message "Core limit has been exceeded for the current license".

I was just wondering what the core limit is and were to find information
on it (i did search but came up empty)

Any advice is greatly appreciated

All the best,

Carsten

Re: Control Center core limit info

Posted by gstachni <gr...@gridgain.com>.
Hi Naveen,

There are two types of distributions of Control Center:

* SaaS version which is available on https://control.gridgain.com/ and
managed by GridGain
* Downloadable versions that you obtain from
https://www.gridgain.com/resources/download#controlcenter or from DockerHub

The downloadable versions have the 2 Node limitation in the free mode. The
SaaS version currently doesn't limit the number of Nodes that you can
connect although we limit your data storage to 24 hours.

If you want to get up and running quickly, I would register an account
control.gridgain.com and add your connection token.

Thanks,
Greg

Re: Control Center core limit info

Posted by Naveen <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Magda

Does it mean it will get hosted on Gridgain servers.
Is it different from copying control center and getting the token and add
the cluster.
The one that gets installed locally has a limitation of monitoring only 2
nodes, is that correct ?

The one which is hosted on Gridgain does not have any limitations on number
of nodes ??

Thanks
Naveen

Re: Control Center core limit info

Posted by Carsten <ca...@ccmanalysis.de>.
Hey Denis,

thanks for letting me know.
I also tried the Web Console and it seems amazing to me. Started right
up, showed the whole cluster, no limitations .... great.

Again, thank you very much !!

Carsten

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hello Carsten,