Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Bojan Vučinić <bo...@ma-cad.com> on 2011/01/20 12:17:42 UTC

Spacing

Hi,

I'm trying to put some space around the check-box in the table, see snippet:
<GridPane columnCount="1"
                         styles="{horizontalSpacing:31,
                                  verticalSpacing:1,
                                  backgroundColor:'white',
                                  showHorizontalGridLines: true,
                                  showVerticalGridLines: true}">
<GridPane.Row>
<Label text="Leg"
                            styles="{font:{bold:true},
                                     backgroundColor:'orange',
                                     horizontalAlignment:'center',
                                     verticalAlignment:'center'}"/>
</GridPane.Row>
<GridPane.Row>
<Checkbox buttonData="No. 1"
                                 styles="{font:{bold:true}}"/>
</GridPane.Row>
<GridPane.Row>
<BoxPane styles="{backgroundColor:'yellow',
                                         horizontalAlignment:'center',
                                         verticalAlignment:'center',
                                         spacing:2}">
<*Checkbox* buttonData="No. 2"
                                   styles="{font:{bold:true}}"/>
</BoxPane>
</GridPane.Row>

in the above example I've put horizontalSpacing:31 -> no change,
I also tried 'spacing' in the Check-box but this put some space between
the check box and the text.

Am I doing something wrong, and if so what is the way to put some space
between the beginning of the cell and the check-box (see attached picture)?

Thanks for your comments.
Bojan

Re: Spacing

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
By "icon", you mean the box containing the check mark? If you just want to add space between the checkbox and the label, you can use the "spacing" style of TerraCheckboxSkin. If you want to add further spacing around the entire checkbox component, you'll need to put the checkbox in a container that has a padding style, such as BoxPane.

Re: Spacing

Posted by Bojan Vučinić <bo...@ma-cad.com>.

Re: Spacing

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.