Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Vic Cekvenich <vi...@friendVU.com> on 2004/11/14 16:35:17 UTC

Repost: OT-ANN: My favorite SoA is Hessian

Re: Repost: OT-ANN: My favorite SoA is Hessian

Posted by Tom Oinn <tm...@ebi.ac.uk>.
Michael Schuerig wrote:
> On Monday 15 November 2004 15:08, Vic wrote:
>

>>Anyway, I found above open source product to be powerfull, and if
>>some other's are frustrated w/ Axis, they have an Open Source
>>alternative.
>

> Hessian doesn't do the same as Axis, thus it is not an alternative.

Um. No. That's not a valid argument in any way shape or form - both Axis
and Hessian are generic tools, they can be used for a number of things.
It's entirely possible that there are Axis users who, for their
particular use, woudld be better served by something like Hessian and
presumably the converse also applies.

If your requirements are a complete match to Axis's feature set then
it's unlikely that any other produce will be a direct alternative, but I
suspect you'd be in the minority. Different things are important to
different people, I for one would switch instantly to any toolkit which
did dynamic invocation of services using complex types in the way I want
it to work, but that's quite specific to my field.

Cheers,

Tom

Re: Repost: OT-ANN: My favorite SoA is Hessian

Posted by Michael Schuerig <mi...@schuerig.de>.
On Monday 15 November 2004 15:08, Vic wrote:

> Anyway, I found above open source product to be powerfull, and if
> some other's are frustrated w/ Axis, they have an Open Source
> alternative.

Hessian doesn't do the same as Axis, thus it is not an alternative.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                            This is not a false alarm
mailto:michael@schuerig.de                         This is not a test

Re: Repost: OT-ANN: My favorite SoA is Hessian

Posted by Vic <vi...@friendvu.com>.
Paul Libbrecht wrote:

> sorry to be bitter.

Why be so bitter?
I said OT, so people know it's OT.

> please allow yourself to
> take the time to compare this to the product of interest!

I used to use Axis. I found Axis slow, complex and buggy. Then I
switched to something simple and powerfull and fast.
I am in no way assoicated w/ Hessian, other that to like the spec.

Spring framework, for example uses Hessian.

I use Hessian a lot w/ Struts and JDNC.

Hessian has a C++ port.

Anyway, I found above open source product to be powerfull, and if some
other's are frustrated w/ Axis, they have an Open Source alternative.

If you want more of a comprision, click here:
http://www.caucho.com/hessian/#Introduction-to-Hessian

Good Luck.

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.
Le 14 nov. 04, à 16:35, Vic Cekvenich a écrit :

>> http://theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=29658

 From there:
> This should be your first choice for SOA since it works, and then you
> can move on to others.

Isn't this childish at wish ?

I've never such a bad "news" posting... sorry to be bitter.

 From reading it I don't even know what Hessian (or Hessain? there's a
typo in the news-bit) is... it introduces to something absolutely
non-standard (still, a specification, thanks!) without saying what it
should answer as need or how it situates itself with respect to, at
least, other commonly accepted standards...

sorry again... couldn't prevent it

paul

PS: on such a list, dedicated to a product, please allow yourself to

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
I tried to ignore this. but can't. EVERY month or so, someone posts, i
have a better mouse trap.....Yes, you do. BUT this is a forum for Axis
users who have problem related to Axis. If you want to advocate
something, do it outside. If you have a specific request about a
feature that is present in hessian and is missing in Axis then say
exactly what you need here and make the discussion constructive.

Thanks,
dims

Posted by Vic <vi...@friendvu.com>.
Easily!
I return compound nested collections all the time. (Ex: resulsts of rows
form a db such as iBatis)

java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanSerializerFactory.create(java.lang.Class, javax.xml.namespace.QName)

Posted by "Kevin J. Duling" <ja...@hotmail.com>.
I've a whole mess of these in my log4j each time I create a call object.
Looking at the Axis 1.2RC1 jar, I can find the classes, but not these
methods on them.  Did something get out of sync between WSDL2Java and the
Axis lib in RC1?  What's happening here?

java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanSerializerFactory.create(java.lang.Class,
javax.xml.namespace.QName)
 at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:978)
 at
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BaseSerializerFactory.createFactory(BaseSeriali
zerFactory.java:234)
 at org.apache.axis.client.Call.registerTypeMapping(Call.java:2268)
 at
com.ncube.vod.bps.billing.obi.IOBISMSClientbindingStub.createCall(IOBISMSCli
entbindingStub.java:420)
 at
com.ncube.vod.bps.billing.obi.IOBISMSClientbindingStub.purchaseRecurringCrea
te(IOBISMSClientbindingStub.java:774)
 at
com.ncube.vod.bps.billing.OBIClient.parsePostChargeRequest(OBIClient.java:24
7)
 at com.ncube.vod.bps.billing.BillService.parseXML(BillService.java:122)
 at com.ncube.vod.bps.ops.BillingOp.initialHandleNote(BillingOp.java:400)
 at com.ncube.vod.bps.ops.BillingOp.processNotification(BillingOp.java:214)
 at
com.ncube.vod.operation.OpsCenter.processNotification(OpsCenter.java:258)
 at com.ncube.vod.istruct.Filter.processNetworkMessage(Filter.java:148)
 at com.ncube.vod.istruct.QManager$FilterThread.run(QManager.java:250)

I have this exception for:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArrayDeserializerFactory.<init>(java.lang.Class
, javax.xml.namespace.QName)
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArrayDeserializerFactory.create(java.lang.Class
, javax.xml.namespace.QName)
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArraySerializerFactory.create(java.lang.Class,
javax.xml.namespace.QName)
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializerFactory.create(java.lang.Class,
javax.xml.namespace.QName)
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanSerializerFactory.create(java.lang.Class,
javax.xml.namespace.QName)
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.EnumDeserializerFactory.create(java.lang.Class,
javax.xml.namespace.QName)
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.EnumSerializerFactory.create(java.lang.Class,
javax.xml.namespace.QName)

RE: Repost: OT-ANN: My favorite SoA is Hessian