Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by za...@intrasofttechnologies.com on 2020/09/06 21:54:15 UTC

Overdraft Savings Interest Posting

Hello Devs,

We have a client interested to set up a credit line that has no fixed repayment period and borrowers can repay anytime even after a day or two.

Based on our analysis, the best solution for them is an overdraft savings facility.

We are however challenged by the fact that we do not have an option to set interest posting to Daily which is what they need.

They need the accrued interest daily to reflect as the balance in the account so that when a borrower decides to pay off full amount then the borrower can also clear the accrued interest.

Is there a way we can add the interest posting option of Daily in addition to what we already have i.e. Monthly, Quarterly, BiAnnual, and Annually?

If this can be provided then it will solve our headache.

Regards;

*******

Zayyad A. Said | Chairman & C.E.O

Cell No.: +254 716 615274 | Skype: zsaid2011

Email:  <ma...@intrasofttechnologies.com> zayyad@intrasofttechnologies.com

Schedule Meetings:  <https://calendly.com/zayyadsaid> https://calendly.com/zayyadsaid

Re: [Mifos-developer] Overdraft Savings Interest Posting

Posted by John Gathogo <jo...@fiter.io>.
Not without making significant code changes.

Another option is to display the overdraft interest to the customer in
addition to the balance and carry out some education so the customer knows
the interest due will be charged at the end of the month.

Posted by za...@intrasofttechnologies.com.

mifos-developer@lists.sourceforge.net <ma...@lists.sourceforge.net>

Posted by John Gathogo <jo...@fiter.io>.
Hello Zayyad,Francis.

Even if the customer pays in full before the end of the month, the
overdraft interest for the days the account was overdrawn will be debited
when the interest posting job runs at the end of the month.

[image: Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 10.25.57 AM.png]

Posted by Francis Guchie <fr...@gmail.com>.
Dear Zayyad,

I am attaching an image as I am trying to understand your issue. Please
make me understand it ( As i am interested in this too)

[image: image.png]