Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Diego de Oliveira Fucitalo <di...@gsw.com.br> on 2011/10/07 16:56:02 UTC

Using SSL

Hi,

I try use SSL in SVN, I set up successfully the SSL in apache, but when I update or commit the code I get the error:

"Error validating server certificate for https://server.googlecode.com:443:
- Unknown certificate issuer
Fingerprint: b1:3a:d5:38:56:27:52:9f:ba:6c:70:1e:a9:ab:4a:1a:8b:da:ff:ec
Distinguished name: Security Dept, TrustSign Certificadora Digital, BR"
(R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently?

It is possible to not show this message?

Thank you.

Re: Using SSL

Posted by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Diego de Oliveira Fucitalo
<di...@gsw.com.br> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I try use SSL in SVN, I set up successfully the SSL in apache, but when I
> update or commit the code I get the error:
>

> "Error validating server certificate for https://server.googlecode.com:443:
> - Unknown certificate issuer
> Fingerprint: b1:3a:d5:38:56:27:52:9f:ba:6c:70:1e:a9:ab:4a:1a:8b:da:ff:ec
> Distinguished name: Security Dept, TrustSign Certificadora Digital, BR"

The complex answer involves teaching each client enviornment to accept
that unsigned certificate.

The cheaper in painful individual configuration time, simpler answer
is to buy a signed certificatate or a site certificatae.
www.godaddy.com sells them pretty cheaply, and the time wasted on
"just click accept" operations evaporates.

RE: Using SSL

Posted by "Curley, John" <Jo...@windriver.com>.

On Friday 07 October 2011 08:26 PM, Diego de Oliveira Fucitalo wrote:

	Hi,

	I try use SSL in SVN, I set up successfully the SSL in apache, but when I update or commit the code I get the error:

	"Error validating server certificate for https://server.googlecode.com:443:
	- Unknown certificate issuer
	Fingerprint: b1:3a:d5:38:56:27:52:9f:ba:6c:70:1e:a9:ab:4a:1a:8b:da:ff:ec
	Distinguished name: Security Dept, TrustSign Certificadora Digital, BR"

	(R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently?

	It is possible to not show this message?

	Thank you.

You might created the certificates yourself.

Press 'p' to accept the certificates permanently.
Next time, it wont be displayed.

Regards,
Shrinivasan

---------------------------------

Every user that commits, will receive the certificate message. I think if you update Subversion, that resets the certificate and you have to accept the updated certificate, again.

But you learn to live with it.

Regards,
John

RES: RES: RES: Using SSL

Posted by Diego de Oliveira Fucitalo <di...@gsw.com.br>.
I Have 200 users .. I would like configure in the server

Diego de Oliviera Fucitalo

HelpDesk

(12) 2139-1704

diego@gsw.com.br

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 12:03 AM, Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
> Johan Corveleyn wrote on Fri, Oct 07, 2011 at 23:40:39 +0200:
>> > On Friday 07 October 2011 09:17 PM, Diego de Oliveira Fucitalo wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi, after accept never ask .. but I would like configure for never ask
>>
>> This is possible, but only if you have some control over the "client
>> configuration" of your users (the so-called "Runtime Configuration
>> Area"). In the "servers" file, you can set the property
>> "ssl-authority-files" to a file containing trusted CA certificates
>> [1]. There is also "ssl-trust-default-ca": "Set this variable to yes
>> if you want Subversion to automatically trust the set of default CAs
>> that ship with OpenSSL."
>>
>> On *nix, you can configure this system-wide, in
>> /etc/subversion/servers. On Windows, this can also be done system-wide
>> (but only through the registry [2], I believe).
>>

> Not in %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Subversion\config ?
>
> See read_all() in libsvn_subr/config.c

Ah, yes. I had overlooked it, but it's also explained in the book:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.6/svn.advanced.confarea.html#svn.advanced.confarea.layout

--
Johan

Re: RES: RES: Using SSL

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.

RES: RES: RES: Using SSL

Posted by Diego de Oliveira Fucitalo <di...@gsw.com.br>.
Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.

RES: RES: RES: Using SSL

Posted by Diego de Oliveira Fucitalo <di...@gsw.com.br>.
Enviada em: sexta-feira, 7 de outubro de 2011 19:16
Para: Diego de Oliveira Fucitalo
Cc: users@subversion.apache.org

Re: RES: RES: Using SSL

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.

RES: RES: RES: Using SSL

Enviada em: sexta-feira, 7 de outubro de 2011 18:41
Para: Diego de Oliveira Fucitalo
Cc: users@subversion.apache.org

Re: RES: RES: Using SSL

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.

ENC: RES: RES: Using SSL

Posted by Diego de Oliveira Fucitalo <di...@gsw.com.br>.

[Descrição: Descrição: http://www.gsw.com.br/marketing/assinatura_email2011/images/assinatura_04.jpg]

Diego de Oliviera Fucitalo

HelpDesk

[Descrição: Descrição: http://www.gsw.com.br/marketing/assinatura_email2011/images/assinatura_08.jpg]

(12) 2139-1704

[Descrição: Descrição: http://www.gsw.com.br/marketing/assinatura_email2011/images/assinatura_10.jpg]

diego@gsw.com.br<ma...@gsw.com.br>

[Descrição: Descrição: Site GSW - http://www.gsw.com.br]<http://www.gsw.com.br/>

[Descrição: Descrição: Site GSW - http://www.gsw.com.br]<http://www.gsw.com.br/>

[Descrição: Descrição: Facebook GSW - http://www.facebook.com/GSWSoftware]<http://www.facebook.com/GSWSoftware>

[Descrição: Descrição: Twitter GSW - http://twitter.com/GSWsoftware]<http://twitter.com/GSWsoftware>

Enviada em: sexta-feira, 7 de outubro de 2011 12:50
Para: Diego de Oliveira Fucitalo

Fine.

Let me check.

Please reply to the list