Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <or...@apache.org> on 2015/09/16 04:42:46 UTC

INTEROPERABILITY: Initial PLugfest Test Collection

A set of initial, raw tests was provided for review, clarification, and updating at the ODF Plugfest that started today in The Netherlands.

I asked permission to share this information, at the end, below, with the Apache OpenOffice developers list, with the following observations:

  "I am more interested in the tests than the results for other projects.
   There is also a desire to foster interoperability in our mutual support
   for ODF and having the calibration your tests provide is informative.

  "We can capture the essence of the tests and create bug reports as
   appropriate for AOO.  We can also provide any responses or refined tests
   that may arise.

  "It would be great were this a continuing activity and not confined to this
   week's Plugfest.  You can count on cooperation of the Apache OpenOffice
   project [easy for orcmid to say].  I am confident other ODF-supporting
   projects are also eager to support any initiative you take in this useful
   area."

The response I received provided more information about the tests,

  "The tests are being developed on gitlab. The main respository is at
   https://gitlab.com/odfplugfest/odfautotests
   There is a branch which is created in preparation of the plugfest by
   Ben Martin (monkeyiq) at   https://gitlab.com/monkeyiq/odfautotests
   This branch will be cleaned up and merged into the main branch after
   the plugfest.

  "For a contuous plugfest we'd need more thought. [...]

  "Of course you have permission to pass on the message, but please note
   that the urls are temporary and the results raw. Many applications
   did not get tested.  All input was only ODF 1.2 (some output was 1.1).
   And some results are present due to server glitches. So some cleanup and
   especially *interpretation* of the results is needed.

  "What you can certainly do right now is the build the tester (ant jar)
   and run it.
   <https://gitlab.com/odfplugfest/odfautotests/blob/master/doc/01_introduction.md>

  "Cheers,
   Jos"