Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jim Bartram <jb...@quadrivium-labs.com> on 2000/12/03 02:02:55 UTC

Bug in Windows Tomcat 3.2 Build.bat

Re: jakarta-tomcat-3.2\doc\appdev\sample\build.bat

I upgraded to Tomcat 3.2 and found that build.bat would still not work on
Windows NT. A little investigation revealed that the distribution copy of
build.bat has a fatal flaw:

(Part of build.bat:)
<snip>
rem Identify the custom class path components we need
set CP=%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\ant.jar;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\servlet.jar
set CP=%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\jaxp.jar;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\parser.jar
set CP=%CP%;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar
<snip>

The third line of this example should be:

set CP=%CP%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\jaxp.jar;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\parser.jar

otherwise the classpath is incorrect (missing ant.jar and servlet.jar).
When my fix is made the build is successful.

--Jim Bartram

Re: Bug in Windows Tomcat 3.2 Build.bat

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Jim Bartram wrote:

> Re: jakarta-tomcat-3.2\doc\appdev\sample\build.bat
>
> I upgraded to Tomcat 3.2 and found that build.bat would still not work on
> Windows NT. A little investigation revealed that the distribution copy of
> build.bat has a fatal flaw:
>
> (Part of build.bat:)
> <snip>
> rem Identify the custom class path components we need
> set CP=%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\ant.jar;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\servlet.jar
> set CP=%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\jaxp.jar;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\parser.jar
> set CP=%CP%;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar
> <snip>
>
> The third line of this example should be:
>
> set CP=%CP%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\jaxp.jar;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\parser.jar
>
> otherwise the classpath is incorrect (missing ant.jar and servlet.jar).
> When my fix is made the build is successful.

Thanks Jim ... this will be fixed in Tomcat 3.2.1.

> --Jim Bartram

Craig