Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Davy Cox <da...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/27 14:35:16 UTC

Persisten Jena Fuseki on AWS

I would like to set up a redundant jena fuseki RDF sparql server on amazon
AWS.

I'd like to do this with AWS container service (docker) which loads the
server as a docker allowing me to scale the jena sparql server as required
for the load.

Locally I already use the "stain/jena-fuseki" docker which works great, but
I'm a bit puzzled with the best practice on saving the data in one
location, but allowing access from multiple jena-fuseki docker instances at
the same time. (I read somewhere it should only be written to by one
instance???)

I see jena supports relational databases as a back-end via TDB (which would
probably allow me to use one of the AWS RDS), but because I also read
somewhere this is not recommended.

What would you recommend to set up a multi docker jena-fuseki server where
data is stored in one persistent location (like DynamoDB or S3???) allowing
scaling and redundancy but at the same time fault tolerance?

Thank you in advance!

Re: Persisten Jena Fuseki on AWS

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
A successful setup that I have seen used (and used myself) is to have 2+
Fuseki instances (with TDB) behind an AWS load balancer.  This supports
data publishing ("reads" from the load balencer side).

Update is done by updating each server (in parallel or in sequence)   It
is then not transactional across the 2+ servers, it's only transactional
at each server.

	Andy

Posted by "A. Soroka" <aj...@virginia.edu>.

Posted by Davy Cox <da...@gmail.com>.