Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Christine Grudecki <Ch...@vayan.com> on 2007/08/29 18:19:32 UTC

[users@httpd] Is there a limit on how many ServerAlias entries for one VirtualHost?

I have one java application that I need to access with a bunch of different
aliases.  I currently have 427 aliases set up, and I get an error when I try
to add any more.  The error I get is: Reloading httpd: not reloading due to
configuration syntax issue.

The VirtualHost section looks something like this:

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName www.xyz.net
        ServerAlias xyz.net www.abc.com abc.com
        RewriteEngine On
        RewriteRule ^(.*)/wpg(.*) $1$2 [R]

        ProxyPass / http://www.xyz.net:8080/wpg/
        ProxyPassReverse / http://www.xyz.net:8080/wpg/
        ProxyPreserveHost On
        DirectoryIndex index.html
</VirtualHost>

Any help would be appreciated :)
Christine

Re: [users@httpd] Is there a limit on how many ServerAlias entries for one VirtualHost?

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 8/29/07, Christine Grudecki <Ch...@vayan.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried to make sure that there aren't any
> chars that shouldn't be there, but still no luck.  I think it may be some
> undocumented max number of characters or something :(
>
> I'm a little new to Apache, could you explain the second suggestion a
> little further?  I tried to add a second <VirtualHost> entry to catch
> everything that the other one misses, but I get an error.

I'm saying you don't need a ServerAlias line at all if you simply put
that <VirtualHost> first in the config file. Any request that doesn't
match a ServerName/ServerAlias in another vhost will hit the first
listed vhost.

Joshua.

RE: [users@httpd] Is there a limit on how many ServerAlias entries for one VirtualHost?

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.