Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> on 2015/02/23 16:59:44 UTC

[Discuss] Scaling decisions need to specify the reason

Hi Devs,

I think we need to do $subject, current I only see the below logs when
taking a scaling up decision:

[2015-02-23 20:55:35,782]  INFO
{org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.monitor.cluster.ClusterMonitor} -  Executing
scaling rule as statistics have been reset
[2015-02-23 20:55:35,801]  INFO
{org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.rule.RuleLog} -  [scale-up] Partition
available, hence trying to spawn an instance to scale up!

IMO this info message is not correct. We do not need to scale up just
because there is a partition available.

[2015-02-23 20:55:35,803]  INFO
{org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.client.CloudControllerClient} -  Trying to
spawn an instance via cloud controller: [cluster] tomcat-1.tomcat.domain
[partition] partition-1 [network-partition-id] network-partition-1
[2015-02-23 20:55:35,819]  INFO
{org.apache.stratos.cloud.controller.iaases.kubernetes.KubernetesIaas} -
 Starting container: [application] tomcat [cartridge] tomcat [member]
tomcat-1.tomcat.domain4dd97cbc-0a4d-40f9-b01a-894b3b27d6e8

Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

Re: [Discuss] Scaling decisions need to specify the reason

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
+1 informative logs are helpful to find causes for issues

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 9:29 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> I think we need to do $subject, current I only see the below logs when
> taking a scaling up decision:
>
> [2015-02-23 20:55:35,782]  INFO
> {org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.monitor.cluster.ClusterMonitor} -  Executing
> scaling rule as statistics have been reset
> [2015-02-23 20:55:35,801]  INFO
> {org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.rule.RuleLog} -  [scale-up] Partition
> available, hence trying to spawn an instance to scale up!
>
> IMO this info message is not correct. We do not need to scale up just
> because there is a partition available.

+1. Should be improved to reveal more context; why scaling up is happening,
etc.