Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Michal Sheinkin <Mi...@mail.gonext.co.il> on 2001/03/25 14:20:02 UTC

JAMES

Hi all,
Please help me.
I need help to make JAMES work for me.
our system uses DB to authenticate users and get their e-mail directory.
we also keep a record in DB for every E-mail, for search and so.
for every mail coming in I need to find
if I have this user in DB
	get the user's directory
	copy mail to it
	insert record into DB
	log it
else
	bounce
	log it

for every mail coming out I need to find
if I have this user in DB
	get the user's directory
	copy mail to it
	insert record into DB
	transport mail to destination
else
	send to Spam.

I also need to change POP3 server to work with my system.
I tried to locate help in news groups but couldn't.
can you please advice how to configure JAMES and what other code do I need
to write?

thanks in advance

Michal Sheinkin
Java Team Leader
GoNext LTD
mobile: +972-51-900-329
fax:    +972-3-6122938

RE: JAMES

Posted by Ozzy Espaillat <oz...@unwiredsolutions.com>.
You probably want to take a look at mailets "RemoteDelivery" and
"LocalDelivery" those are the ones in charge of delivering the message. You
can drop your own replacement that will do what you want.

Look under JAMES.conf.xml under processor "transport".

Take a look at the source for
"org.apache.james.transport.mailets.RemoteDelivery" and
"org.apache.james.transport.mailets.LocalDelivery". You'll probably be able
to subclass RemoteDelivery to do add the Db stuff and use what's already
there to send the message out.

HTH,
Ozzy