Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Mark Moloney <m4...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/22 04:48:32 UTC

Missing define subdirectory

The define subdirectory under dist/web is missing and cannot be found in the
source. Therefore I am also missing the relevant -D switches for Tomcat
installation. I figured I at least needed "-D
org.apache.manifoldcf.configfile" to point to the path of the properties
file.

Perhaps a missing -D switch is the cause of a job getting stuck. I set up
using Postgresql and Tomcat, and ran the various commands to initialize the
database. When I configure a job using the Null output connector and the
File System Repository, the job gets stuck on "Starting up". Attempts to
abort the job then has it stuck on "Aborting". Restarting Tomcat doesn't
make the job unstuck. Attempts to delete the job fail because the job hasn't
aborted.

I'm testing on a small directory. The same setup worked find using the
example configuration with the built in Jetty and Derby.

Thank you for any assistance.
Mark

Re: Missing define subdirectory

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
I've updated the site to clarify all of this further for the
multiprocess deployment.  CONNECTORS-185 is the ticket.  The public
site should update in a few hours too.

Karl

Posted by Mark Moloney <m4...@gmail.com>.
Hi Karl,

Yes, all working now. The agents process wasn't running when I was running
the Tomcat app.

Thanks, Mark

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.