Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Al Andersen <ap...@viajante.com> on 2002/02/18 02:30:34 UTC

Uploaded Files Executable?

I'm using Apache 1.3.23, Linux, and PHP to handle my web content. I provide
links on some of my web pages for users to download files.

My problem is PHP files. If a user clicks on the link, the PHP file is
executed, even though the actual file is stored outside of the document root.

For example, a file containing <?php phpinfo(); ?> will execute if offered up
on the web page as link and clicked on.

What do I need to do to prevent this?

-Al Andersen