Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by deathstar64 <de...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/05 11:34:41 UTC

tag !

Hello,

I am using the tag <h:form> supplied by myfaces to produce an html form. But
I want to give a specific action that the form should have when it is
rendered. But myFaces gives an .."automatic" one when it renders the
component. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks,

Antony

Re: tag !

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
yes, that's how JSF works.
It does postbacks.

when you are interested in performing some "tasks" on the submitted values,
do this

<h:form>
<h:commandButton action=#{bean.myAction}" .../>
</h:fomr>

public String myAction()
{
  // do the work
  return "tellMeWhereToGo";
}

On Feb 5, 2008 11:34 AM, deathstar64 <de...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using the tag <h:form> supplied by myfaces to produce an html form. But
> I want to give a specific action that the form should have when it is
> rendered. But myFaces gives an .."automatic" one when it renders the
> component. Any thoughts on that?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Antony

Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

RE: form> tag !

Posted by ma...@accenture.com.
I think that the answer is "No". You have to set the action on your
button or event (onchange....)

Mario