Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/20 17:33:02 UTC

[VOTE] Apache jclouds 1.7.0 RC2

This is the second release candidate for Apache jclouds 1.7.0.

Please use the separate [DISCUSS] thread for anything but votes.

It fixes the following issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12324405&styleName=Html&projectId=12314430

*** Please download, test and vote by Monday, December 23rd, 12:00 PDT /
15:00 EDT / 21:00 CET.

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for
convenience.

Source and binary files:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/jclouds/jclouds-1.7.0-rc2

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejclouds-005

The tags to be voted upon:
- jclouds -
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=jclouds.git;a=tag;h=52605675c509b539fa3137a95a4cac23cba88c22
- jclouds-labs -
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=jclouds-labs.git;a=tag;h=e2b620a8e9e0985b733c71cef79d9b034fec9a5e
- jclouds-labs-aws -
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=jclouds-labs-aws.git;a=tag;h=a7d51ab8601a24fd25220d61cd8e99b72e23fc42
- jclouds-labs-openstack -
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=jclouds-labs-openstack.git;a=tag;h=b520cab1a00b5aa3490aabc1da66ed453e26e634
- jclouds-labs-google -
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=jclouds-labs-google.git;a=tag;h=9d303358aeb854c60d639a35106590ced019d37e
- jclouds-chef -
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=jclouds-chef.git;a=tag;h=5390f036a067a0dbd8cac842245573433bb60a5a
- jclouds-karaf -
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=jclouds-karaf.git;a=tag;h=2bfea3e8a9d08f6157e1556d2c5c1f0d6188f83e
- jclouds-cli -
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=jclouds-cli.git;a=tag;h=894dfab5c513648241e37c767ae25fde5207960e

jclouds KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://www.apache.org/dist/jclouds/KEYS

[ ] +1
[ ] 0
[ ] -1 (explain why)

A.

Re: [VOTE] Apache jclouds 1.7.0 RC2

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.
Fwiw, the EC2 failures are non-issues, if I remember correctly. I'm 100%
sure on the template builder tests (they should probably just be removed)
and am fairly certain the other failures are due to stale hardcoded AMIs as
well. I'll make a run at cleaning them up once I finally get over my latest
head cold... =)

A.

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.

Posted by Andrew Gaul <ga...@apache.org>.

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache jclouds 1.7.0 RC2

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.
Oh how I keep getting the links wrong...yeah, it's
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/jclouds/1.7.0-rc2/.

A.

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.

Posted by Everett Toews <ev...@RACKSPACE.COM>.
+1 binding

Verification script passes for me.
Rackspace SmokeTest passes for me.

Everett

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.
So I know we're technically able to release with three +1s, but I'm
wondering if it might be a good idea to wait 'til a few more people have
had a chance to review the RC before we actually push. Thoughts?

A.

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.