Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Neil Davies <ne...@llgc.org.uk> on 2003/03/26 16:24:58 UTC

error trying to use TextParserGenerator

Apologies if this has been answered previously but I'm a relative newbie to Cocoon2.

I have a structured text file which is exported from a database (non SQL, a complete mess so there's no chance of using standard xsl logic to extract data) and need to convert it into ead-xml.

I am trying to see if I am capable of doing this using a TextParserGenerator to get it into an XML format that I can manipulate into ead. Unfortunately I keep getting the following Internal Server Error:

type fatal
message Error in sitemap configuration : org.apache.cocoon.generation.TextParserGenerator
description org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error in sitemap configuration : org.apache.cocoon.generation.TextParserGenerator
source Cocoon servlet

Here's the bulk of the sitemap:

<map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">
    <map:components>
	<map:generators default="file">
            <map:generator name="textparser"
	               src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.TextParserGenerator"/>
        </map:generators>
        -- other components --
    </map:components>
    <map:pipelines>
        <map:pipeline>
            <map:match pattern="">
                <map:generate src="documents/et6766.txt" type="textparser">
		    <map:parameter name="grammar" value="ead.grm"/>
		    <map:parameter name="includeignorabletokens" value="false"/>
                </map:generate>
                <map:serialize type="xml"/>
            </map:match>
        </map:pipeline>
    </map:pipelines>
</map:sitemap>

If the grammer file would be helpful I'll post it, but I'll try and keep this minimal for now.

Thanks.

Re: TextParserGenerator question

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Neil Davies wrote:

> Is there actually a working TextParserGenerator? I've not seen any
> examples of anyone using it on the web.
>
> I can't get Cocoon to recognise it in the sitemap decleration.

Take a look into the current CVS HEAD. There is a new and cleaner
version of the chaperon components, which have some improvements for
the usability. There are also some more examples.

Stephan.

Re: TextParserGenerator question

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Le Jeudi, 27 mars 2003, à 13:47 Europe/Zurich, Neil Davies a écrit :

> Is there actually a working TextParserGenerator? I've not seen any
> examples of anyone using it on the web....

If you're using the latest CVS you'll find several Chaperon parser
samples at http://localhost:8888/samples/chaperon/ , and the
corresponding files in the source code under
src/blocks/chaperon/samples.

-Bertrand

TextParserGenerator question

Posted by Neil Davies <ne...@llgc.org.uk>.
Is there actually a working TextParserGenerator? I've not seen any
examples of anyone using it on the web.

I can't get Cocoon to recognise it in the sitemap decleration.

Thanks

Re: error trying to use TextParserGenerator

Posted by Neil Davies <ne...@llgc.org.uk>.

>Is there a detailed exception in the logs under WEB-INF/logs/*.log ?
>(Perhaps you must set the log level higher)
>
>With this exception I can only draw the conclusion, that the generator
>have problems with the configuration within the components section.
>
>Stephan.

Okay. I have looked at the error.log file, I meant to mention this in my
last email but I sent it without realising I hadn't, and it mentioned a
ClassNotFoundException on the TextParserGenerator. I have looked in the
sitemap.xmap in the jakara-home/webapps/cocoon directory and there is no
mention of a TextParserGenerator in there, which must be causing the
problem.

I am using Cocoon 2.0.4, which is the latest version I think. Is the
TextParserGenerator included with this? The other generators work
without any bother.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some information on this
subject? I have looked at the user-documentation on the
TextParserGenerator online.

Here is the error-report if it is of any help:

ERROR   (2003-03-26) 17:24.25:543   [core.manager] (/cocoon/eadcairs)
Thread-10/Handler: Error compiling sitemap
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error
in sitemap configuration : org.apache.cocoon.generation.TextParserGenerator
    at
org.apache.cocoon.www.file_.C_.jakarta_tomcat.webapps.cocoon.c2.eadcairs.sitemap_xmap.configure(C:\jakarta-tomcat\work\Standalone\localhost\cocoon\cocoon-files\org/apache/cocoon/www/file_/C_/jakarta_tomcat/webapps/cocoon/c2/eadcairs\sitemap_xmap.java:148)
    at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(DefaultComponentFactory.java:264)
    at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.initialize(ThreadSafeComponentHandler.java:98)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.GeneratorSelector.addGenerator(GeneratorSelector.java:187)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.createResource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:357)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:312)
    at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:267)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
org.apache.cocoon.generation.TextParserGenerator
at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1428)
    at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1274)
    at org.apache.cocoon.util.ClassUtils.loadClass(ClassUtils.java:88)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.AbstractSitemap.load_component(AbstractSitemap.java:263)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.www.file_.C_.jakarta_tomcat.webapps.cocoon.c2.eadcairs.sitemap_xmap$Configurer.configGenerators(C:\jakarta-tomcat\work\Standalone\localhost\cocoon\cocoon-files\org/apache/cocoon/www/file_/C_/jakarta_tomcat/webapps/cocoon/c2/eadcairs\sitemap_xmap.java:170)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.www.file_.C_.jakarta_tomcat.webapps.cocoon.c2.eadcairs.sitemap_xmap.configure(C:\jakarta-tomcat\work\Standalone\localhost\cocoon\cocoon-files\org/apache/cocoon/www/file_/C_/jakarta_tomcat/webapps/cocoon/c2/eadcairs\sitemap_xmap.java:126)

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.