Posted to notifications@jclouds.apache.org by Andrew Gaul <no...@github.com> on 2016/01/26 00:03:45 UTC

[jclouds] Delete single- and multi-part objects in Swift (#909)

Due to Swift's wonky MPU implementation we must try the multi-part
delete first followed by a single-part delete if it fails.  Previously
delete would leave orphan subobjects.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/909

-- Commit Summary --

  * Delete single- and multi-part objects in Swift

-- File Changes --

    M apis/openstack-swift/src/main/java/org/jclouds/openstack/swift/v1/blobstore/RegionScopedSwiftBlobStore.java (14)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/909.patch
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/909.diff

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/909

Re: [jclouds] Delete single- and multi-part objects in Swift (#909)

Posted by Zack Shoylev <no...@github.com>.
It looks fine to me, there shouldn't be an alternative especially considering how removeBlob should work. From what I understand, with the way different providers work with MPU, swift just shifts some of the complexity to dealing with manifests (instead of, say, assembling the MPU objects). Oh well.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/909#issuecomment-174728690

Re: [jclouds] Delete single- and multi-part objects in Swift (#909)

Posted by Zack Shoylev <no...@github.com>.
>     }
>
> +   /**
> +    * Delete multiple single-part objects.  Note that this cannot remove the
> +    * subobjects of a mulit-part upload.

Small typo: mulit

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/909/files#r50772893

Re: [jclouds] Delete single- and multi-part objects in Swift (#909)

Posted by Andrew Gaul <no...@github.com>.
>     }
>
> +   /**
> +    * Delete multiple single-part objects.  Note that this cannot remove the
> +    * subobjects of a mulit-part upload.

Fixed.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/909/files#r50944841

Re: [jclouds] Delete single- and multi-part objects in Swift (#909)

Posted by Andrew Gaul <no...@github.com>.
@zack-shoylev This commit makes me sad but I do not see another way around this.  Thoughts?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/909#issuecomment-174718807