Posted to xmlbeans-user@xml.apache.org by Mark Lewis <ma...@mir3.com> on 2004/06/21 21:46:24 UTC

Namespace attribute not allowed?

Maybe I'm just ignorant of XML Schema here, and I apologize if that's
all this is, but this is confusing.

I'm trying to validate a received XML document with 1.0.2, and I'm
getting a strange error: "Attribute not allowed (no wildcards allowed):
xmlns:ns1 in element ..."

It looks like it's complaining because the element contains a namespace
declaration, but you can always declare a namespace in an element tag
without allowing for that in the schema, can't you?

Here's the XML that fails validation:

<createUserResponse xmlns:ns1="http://www.mir3.com/ws1.2"
xmlns="http://www.mir3.com/ws1.2">
  <createUserResult>true</createUserResult>
  <userId>15158</userId>
</createUserResponse>

Any ideas?

Thanks,