Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by David Kennedy <da...@us.ibm.com> on 2006/06/12 16:55:20 UTC

Dynamic creation of workspaces

I'd like to create a workspace dynamically.  It appears the only way I can
currently do this is to subclass RepositoryImpl and write my own
TransientRepository, BindableRepository, etc. classes to use the subclass.
  The reason I would need to subclass RepositoryImpl would be to get to
the createWorkspace methods which are currently protected.  I need to get
to the createWorkspace methods to add the workspace definition to the
wspInfos table.

Does anybody else desire this capability?  Is it possible to make the
createWorkspace methods public rather than protected to enable access and
thus dynamic creation?

David

Re: Dynamic creation of workspaces

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.
On 6/12/06, David Kennedy <da...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Odd that I have to login to a workspace to be able to create workspaces,
> but I'll take it.....thanks.

workspace creation is subject to authentication/authorization, that's
why createWorkspace() is not exposed on Repository. createWorkspace()
is 'workspace'-related, that's why it is exposed on Workspace...

cheers
stefan

Posted by David Kennedy <da...@us.ibm.com>.

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.