Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "LUCERO,DENNIS (HP-Boise,ex1)" <de...@hp.com> on 2002/12/04 22:09:05 UTC

action-mapping

I am a newbie but I am a little confused about the following.
In the struts api it states the following about the forward property of the
action mapping class

Exactly one of the forward, include, or type properties must be specified.

But, in the examples I downloaded with the struts package they have multiple
forward entries along with a type entry.
Also, the forward entry is used by whatever action class services this
request.

   return (mapping.findForward("success"));

Somebody shed some light on this for me please.

thanks

We come from the land of the ice and snow
With the midnight sun, where the hot springs glow
The hammer of the gods, will drive our ships to new lands
Fight the horde, Sing and cry
Valhalla I am coming

Re: action-mapping

Posted by Emmanuel Boudrant <b7...@yahoo.fr>.
 You a 3 type of action-mapping :
A simple forward
<action path="/toto" forward="/toto.jsp"/>
A simple include
<action path="/toto" include="/toto.jsp"/>
Or a typed action :
<action path="/toto" type="com.toto.TotoAction">
 <forward name="success" path="/ok.jsp"/>
 <forward name="failure" path="/error.jsp"/>
</action>
With the forward/include action, you don't need to create an action class, they are using only to forward/include one path.
With an typed action, you can define multiple forwards depending of the state of your operation, use mapping.findForward( NAME );
Is it clear ?
-emmanuel

  "LUCERO,DENNIS (HP-Boise,ex1)" &lt;dennis_lucero@hp.com&gt; a écrit : I am a newbie but I am a little confused about the following.
In the struts api it states the following about the forward property of the
action mapping class

Exactly one of the forward, include, or type properties must be specified.

But, in the examples I downloaded with the struts package they have multiple
forward entries along with a type entry.
Also, the forward entry is used by whatever action class services this
request.

return (mapping.findForward("success"));

Somebody shed some light on this for me please.

thanks

We come from the land of the ice and snow
With the midnight sun, where the hot springs glow
The hammer of the gods, will drive our ships to new lands
Fight the horde, Sing and cry
Valhalla I am coming

Soyez solidaire soutenez l’action du Téléthon avec Yahoo! France.
Cliquez ici pour faire un don !