Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org> on 2022/03/09 07:45:26 UTC

Re: Starting Introduction to Contributing to Apache OpenOffice Module

Hi Jim,

Sorry for the late answer.

On 05.03.22 23:15, Jim Woodworth wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Thanks for the help in getting me started.  Have just finished building.
great! :-)

> I am on AlmaLinux 8.5 without a GUI.  Am thinking I should be able to
> start it up by typing "soffice" once I have the right rpm installed.
> Question is which one?  There are several.

If you do not have a gui, I am not sure how you want to use Apache
OpenOffice. The headless function is somewhat opaque to me, and I think
it has some issues.

You need to install all rpms. Apache OpenOffice is divided into several
packages.

However within the build folder there should be the build result. And
you can directly start AOO there.

With what configuration did you build? can you post to dev-Mailing list?

Also I cc the dev mailing list. There you can ask questions by sending
mails to the address. All developers will receive then your mail and can
answer.

Also you can subscribe and receive yourself all development
communication. Infos on this you can read at [4]

All the best

Peter

--
This is the Way! http://www.apache.org/theapacheway/index.html