Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> on 2008/05/09 19:36:28 UTC

[ApacheDS][SASL] Where did this SIMPLE mechanism come from?

Hey guys,

Someone brought it to my attention that we have a 'SIMPLE' SASL mechanism.
Furthermore it is being used to enable and disable simple binds.  Just
curious who rigged it up that way and why?

Was the SIMPLE mechanism intended to be "PLAIN" sasl auth?

Thanks,
Alex

Re: [ApacheDS][SASL] Where did this SIMPLE mechanism come from?

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
No doubt.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
There is no SIMPLE mechanism in SASL.  There's PLAIN though which is
effectively the same.

Alex

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Someone brought it to my attention that we have a 'SIMPLE' SASL
> mechanism.  Furthermore it is being used to enable and disable simple
> binds.  Just curious who rigged it up that way and why?
Strange ... May be an abusive use of "SIMPLE". Or is it connected to
string authent/simple authent ?

> Was the SIMPLE mechanism intended to be "PLAIN" sasl auth?
I don't think so. I'm just in the middle of the Bind code, let me check
this.

> Thanks,
> Alex

cordialement, regards,