Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Giovanni Azua <gi...@imc.nl> on 2008/10/03 16:16:02 UTC

criteria-based action forking: missusing Code behind?

hi,

I have different types of (trading strategy/algorithm) configurations.
My application allows scheduling Simulations for any of the existing
types, depending on the type it should be redirected to a specific form e.g.

Example
Algo 1 Config -\                       /  Form Schedule Sim "Algo 1 Config"
Algo 2 Config -- Opp -> Fork -  Form Schedule Sim "Algo 2 Config"
Algo 3 Config -/                       \  Form Schedule Sim "Algo 3 Config"

I have many "Opp" actions that generically handle any type of
configuration but from there it needs to redirect to the type-specific
form. To do the forking part I am trying to use a redirect action
mapping with an OGNL expression like this:

<action name="FormScheduleSimulation">
     <result type="redirectAction">${ 'FormScheduleSimulation' +
configType.name }</result>
</action>

But here the result parameters coming from "Opp" do not get passed
through and the ONGL expression does not see the needed configType bean.
To solve this I imported the CodeBehind plugin expecting it to
automatically discover that "FormScheduleSimulation" action does not
have a corresponding Action class and therefore it would create one on
the fly and let the original action result parameters pass right through
including the needed "configType" but does not work.

Is there any additional step to take for the Code Behind plugin to work
here ... ?

TIA,
Regards,
Giovanni

Re: criteria-based action forking: missusing Code behind?

Posted by Giovanni Azua <gi...@imc.nl>.
It works like this though:
<action name="FormScheduleSimulation"
class="com.sag.optimizer.ui.web.action.form.FormScheduleSimulationAction">
<result type="redirectAction">${ 'FormScheduleSimulation' +
configType.name }</result>
</action>

Having:
1-. No Code Behind plugin installed
2-. Providing FormScheduleSimulationAction that exposes the needed
properties including configType.

The problem is that in the future there might be additional properties
to pass through, then the FormScheduleSimulationAction will need to be
updated each time ... I think that the purpose of Code Behind is to
cover exactly this kind of use-cases ...

TIA,
regards,
Giovanni

Posted by Giovanni Azua <gi...@imc.nl>.
btw I am using v2.1.2

do you mean like this:

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>>> expression like this:
>>>
>>> <action name="FormScheduleSimulation">
>>>   <result type="redirectAction">${ 'FormScheduleSimulation' +
>>> configType.name }</result>
>>> </action>
>>> But here the result parameters coming from "Opp" do not get passed
>>> through
>>> and the ONGL expression does not see the needed configType bean. To solve
>>> this I imported the CodeBehind plugin expecting it to automatically
>>> discover
>>> that "FormScheduleSimulation" action does not have a corresponding Action
>>> class and therefore it would create one on the fly and let the original
>>> action result parameters pass right through including the needed
>>> "configType" but does not work.
>>>
>>> Is there any additional step to take for the Code Behind plugin to work

>>> Regards,

Posted by Giovanni Azua <gi...@imc.nl>.
hi! :)

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.