Posted to geospatial@apache.org by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com> on 2018/09/30 13:39:20 UTC

Registering Apache software to OGC

During the ApacheCon, it has been suggested that Apache projects
implementing some OGC standards should register themselves there:

    http://www.opengeospatial.org/resource/products/registration

This registration requires to create an account. Looking at the list of
existing registrations [1], the products seem to be grouped by
organisations. Should we create an account for the Apache foundation as
a whole and use that account for registering individual projects? If
yes, who should be in charge of that account?

    Martin

[1] http://www.opengeospatial.org/resource/products

Re: Registering Apache software to OGC

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.
I would say that this would be a duty of a VP ogc which is being
discussed.  I haven't gotten a recap of discussions during acna but hope to
soon do we can keep that discussion moving.  I think it would be a hinge
point for this item as well to centralize it.