Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hans Steinraht <ha...@artofakt.com> on 2003/12/02 19:15:38 UTC

OutOfMemoryError on Tomcat-4.1.24

hi,

I'm installed Tomcat-4.1.24 on a Linux Debian pc with j2sdk1.4.1.
On that there is an application running that causes Tomcat stoppping from
time to time.

The error I get is:

Dec 2, 2003 1:44:33 PM
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable run
SEVERE: Caught exception executing
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread@154373f, terminating thread
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

It's not predictable when it happens, sometimes 3 weeks all seems to go
right and than in 2 days Tomcat stops.

Can any one point me to a direction where I have to look for.

thanks in advance
Hans

Re: OutOfMemoryError on Tomcat-4.1.24

Posted by David Rees <dr...@greenhydrant.com>.
Hans Steinraht wrote:
> I'm installed Tomcat-4.1.24 on a Linux Debian pc with j2sdk1.4.1.
> On that there is an application running that causes Tomcat stoppping from
> time to time.
>
> The error I get is:
>
> Dec 2, 2003 1:44:33 PM
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable run
> SEVERE: Caught exception executing
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread@154373f, terminating thread
> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
>
> It's not predictable when it happens, sometimes 3 weeks all seems to go
> right and than in 2 days Tomcat stops.
>
> Can any one point me to a direction where I have to look for.

I will point you to the list archives
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user

Possible causes for OOM as well as techniques to fix them are there.

-Dave