Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Stephen Haberman <st...@chase3000.com> on 2002/07/14 03:23:21 UTC

missing TurbineAccessControlList

Hello,

Warner brought up a ClassDefNotFoundException in IRC that he's getting
and after confirming that I also get the error against Fulcrum HEAD
(when starting the web app, as with the decoupled ACL stuff, it compiles
just fine), it seems that o.a.f.security.impl.TurbineAccessControlList
hasn't been added to CVS?

There's a version in the db_proposal dir, but dropping it in place of
the missing file doesn't work as it doesn't implement the
AccessControlList getGroups method.

- Stephen

RE: missing TurbineAccessControlList

Posted by Stephen Haberman <st...@chase3000.com>.
> >There's a version in the db_proposal dir, but dropping it in place of
> >the missing file doesn't work as it doesn't implement the
> >AccessControlList getGroups method.
>
> No, that _should_ have worked. What "getGroups" method?

Ah, crap. I had the need for a "getGroups" method and so had been
playing around with adding it to the ACL stuff a few days ago. I'd
forgotten about it when I was helping Warner out the other night and
when I saw the error  of the TurbineAccessControlList not implementing
it, I just assumed the db_proposal was a bit old so didn't look in to
any further.

Sorry about that,

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Stephen Haberman" <st...@chase3000.com> writes:

>Hello,

>Warner brought up a ClassDefNotFoundException in IRC that he's getting
>and after confirming that I also get the error against Fulcrum HEAD
>(when starting the web app, as with the decoupled ACL stuff, it compiles
>just fine), it seems that o.a.f.security.impl.TurbineAccessControlList
>hasn't been added to CVS?

Yes. My bad, I just added it some seconds ago.

>There's a version in the db_proposal dir, but dropping it in place of
>the missing file doesn't work as it doesn't implement the
>AccessControlList getGroups method.

No, that _should_ have worked. What "getGroups" method?

(From CVS HEAD, checked out five minutes ago:

% grep -i getGroups ~/cvs/jakarta/jakarta-turbine-fulcrum/src/java/org/apache/fulcrum/security/util/AccessControlList.java
%

There is no getGroups method in the AccessControlList interface?!?

Dropping this in should have worked just fine.

	Regards
		Henning

--
Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen       -- Geschaeftsfuehrer
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH     hps@intermeta.de

Am Schwabachgrund 22  Fon.: 09131 / 50654-0   info@intermeta.de
D-91054 Buckenhof     Fax.: 09131 / 50654-20