Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Dmytro Molkov <dm...@fb.com> on 2011/01/25 01:12:12 UTC

BookKeeper read while writing

Hey guys, is there any work being done on making it possible to read a ledger as it is being written to?
As a quick hack I simply created a readEntriesUnsafe method that skips the check for lastEntry > lastAddConfirmed in the readEntries method and that seems to work like a charm for me in my test reader/writer application.

I am however not sure if this affects the performance of bookkeeper setup and doesn't cause other side effects on the system.

Are people working on something like this, or alternatively would the community be interested in a patch that provides a read while writing functionality?