Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/31 11:28:30 UTC

[ANN] ChenilleKit Release 1.0.0

Hi all,
  the ChenilleKit team is pleased to announce the availability of the
first release of the ChenilleKit Project.

The 1.0.0 release includes all the features present in the former
project T5Components from which the ChenilleKit is born plus more
features not present there.

Here is a comprehensive list of features available.

 * Core           core utilities we need for some of the following modules
 * Access       library which provide access restriction constraints
to Tapestry 5 web application
 * Google       Google based services like geocoding, distance, etc
 * Hibernate  some utility classes and services to simplify the life
with Hibernate
 * Hivemind   a bridge from/to Apache's HiveMind to Apache's Tapestry5
 * Image        a simple image scaling service
 * LDAP         simple search service against a LDAP server
 * Lucene      indexer and searcher service based on Apache's Lucene's
full text engine.
 * Mail           simple mail service based on Apache's Commons Email
 * Quartz      Quartz based scheduler services
 * Reports      Jasperreports based reporting services
 * Scripting   scripting service based on Apache's Bean Scripting Framework
 * Tapestry    collection of components and services for your Apache's
Tapestry5 Framework based applications
 * Template   Apache's Velocity and FreeMarker based template services

Every feature is available as a separate module (Tapestry5 library).

If you use maven as a build project system you can access these
libraries using our repository.
In your pom.xml file specify the ChenilleKit repository:

<repository>
    <id>chenillekit</id>
    <url>http://www.chenillekit.org/mvnrepo/release</url>
    <snapshots>
        <enabled>false</enabled>
    </snapshots>
</repository>

Then you are able to set dependency on ChenilleKit libraries the usual way:

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.chenillekit</groupId>
    <artifactId>chenillekit-quartz</artifactId>
    <version>1.0.0</version>
</dependency>

If you're not using maven you can download the libraries from the project page:

    http://code.google.com/p/chenillekit/

Project and documentation site is available at:

    http://www.chenillekit.org

This 1.0.0 release is considered beta and the ChenilleKit is following
the Apache convention (the same as Tapestry5 project is doing) for
software release so following releases will be voted to gain final/GA
status release for 1.0 branch.

The current trunk (HEAD) will follow Tapestry 5.1 while we have
created branches/1.0 to succeeding 1.0.x releases which will be based
on Tapestry 5.0 branch releases.

Feedback is always welcome.

The ChenilleKit team would like to thank Sven Homburg for providing
the box and Internet connectivity fro ChenilleKit.org domain and last
but not least the original code of T5Components.

Happy new year to everyone!

--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Re: [ANN] ChenilleKit Release 1.0.0

Posted by Peter Stavrinides <P....@albourne.com>.
Sorry my bad, I see you have already implied that!

Thanks,
Peter

--
If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute it. Please visit http://www.albourne.com/email.html for important additional terms relating to this e-mail.

One question... Size is an issue for me, and I also use maven, so do I need to source everything in to use it ?

Thanks,
Peter

--
If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute it. Please visit http://www.albourne.com/email.html for important additional terms relating to this e-mail.

Congratulations. A very nice new year's present this is.
Will try to migrate asap.

Thanks for the great work.

Joachim

--
Joachim Van der Auwera
PROGS bvba, progs.be

Re: [ANN] ChenilleKit Release 1.0.0

--
Joachim Van der Auwera
PROGS bvba, progs.be

Re: [ANN] ChenilleKit Release 1.0.0

Posted by Joachim Van der Auwera <jo...@progs.be>.

--
Joachim Van der Auwera
PROGS bvba, progs.be

Re: [ANN] ChenilleKit Release 1.0.0

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 11:26 AM, Newham, Cameron <ca...@bl.uk> wrote:

> Nice and thanks for the hard work, but please provide some
> **documentation** !!!

You and all others who have pointed out this are just plain right!
The main goal for the next version is just that... documentation.

Have a nice day

Posted by "Newham, Cameron" <ca...@bl.uk>.
Nice and thanks for the hard work, but please provide some
**documentation** !!!

I see very little information on the Chenille Kit site - some parts,
like the Scripting page, are just blank.

I'm currently using the t5 Components library and would move to this new
version but without documentation there doesn't seem to be much point.

Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk

The British Library's new interactive Annual Report and Accounts 2007/08 : www.bl.uk/knowledge

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the postmaster@bl.uk : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.

Re: [ANN] ChenilleKit Release 1.0.0

Posted by Robin Helgelin <lo...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 11:28, Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>  the ChenilleKit team is pleased to announce the availability of the
> first release of the ChenilleKit Project.
>
> The 1.0.0 release includes all the features present in the former
> project T5Components from which the ChenilleKit is born plus more
> features not present there.

Congratulations, nice work!

--
        regards,