Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by David Maclean <da...@cm.co.za> on 2000/06/30 15:12:01 UTC

Error build Ant from CVS

Hi there

I get the following error while tring to build ant using the current CVS -
I checked it out on Fri Jun 30 13:08:38 GMT 2000

BUILD CONFIG ERROR: Configuration property "forceoverwrite" does not have
a setMethod in class org.apache.tool
s.ant.taskdefs.Copydir
org.apache.tools.ant.BuildException: Configuration property
"forceoverwrite" does not have a setMethod in clas
s org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Copydir
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configure(ProjectHelper.java:355)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureTasks(ProjectHelper.java:221)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(ProjectHelper.java:193)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(ProjectHelper.java:134)

Any ideas??

David Maclean
david@cm.co.za
CCH Software Development
67 Old Fort Road
Durban, 4001
South Africa
Phone: +27 31 306 9777
Fax:   +27 31 306 9770

RE: Error build Ant from CVS

Posted by David Maclean <da...@cm.co.za>.

On Fri, 30 Jun 2000, Conor MacNeill wrote:

> Try bootstrapping first.

I was using the 3.1 release of ant to build ant. I did not realize that
bootstrapping build ant first so that one could build ant later using the
current ant code.

My apologies.

RE: Error build Ant from CVS

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@m64.com>.