Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Jeetendra G <je...@housing.com> on 2015/08/20 18:09:40 UTC

Partitioning hive

I all I have a folder structure like /housing/events/event1/date=20150820
stored in HDFS.

I wanted to create the partition based on year month and day how can I do
this during creating or loading data time?

Regards
Jeet

Re: Partitioning hive

Posted by Vishal Dhavale <vg...@gmail.com>.
You can create table like
Create table_name (colname  type ) partitioned by (date string )