Posted to dev@gora.apache.org by Chanuka Abeysinghe <ab...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/20 18:06:05 UTC

[GSoC][GORA-535] Add a data store for Apache Ignite

Hi,
I am Chanuka Abeysinghe, undergraduate from IIT Sri Lanka. I am working on
a proposal for the above mentioned project and come across few problems.
Can you explain me the how Apache Ignite comes in to the workflow of Gora
?
As far as I understand what I have to do is write code to access, read and
write to Apache Ignite database and other management tasks are handle by
Gora itself. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Regards,
Chanuka .

Re: [GSoC][GORA-535] Add a data store for Apache Ignite

Posted by Nishadi Kirielle <nd...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chanuka,

This is a great start.!!!

 As Gora already has caching stores like JCache store and a infinispan
store, the main objective we are looking for in this project is to use
native persistence of Apache Ignite.
The proposal looks good. I would like to suggest you few things to go
further. Have a look at the earlier GSoC project reports and proposals and
improve your project proposal. [1] I'd like you to elaborate more on the
implementation details. What you can do is you can familiarize your self
with the project doing the followings;

   - Go though the tutorial [2] and try out a sample.
   - Try to fix some simple issues first [3]

Please feel free to ask any questions you have. Good luck...!!!

[1]. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GORA/Google+Summer+of+Code
[2].
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/GORA/issues/GORA-535?filter=allopenissues
[3].
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/GORA/issues/GORA-535?filter=allopenissues

Thanks you and regards,
Nishadi

Fwd: [GSoC][GORA-535] Add a data store for Apache Ignite

Posted by Renato MarroquĂ­n Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chanuka,

Thanks for reaching out! Yes, this project would consist in adding such
functionality i.e. being able to read, write and query Ignite through Gora.
@Nishadi would you like to add anything else to this?

Best,

Renato M.