Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Robert B. Easter" <re...@comptechnews.com> on 2000/11/30 01:01:34 UTC

Jakarta/Tomcat 3.2 sites

Can some people please provide me with some URLs of sites that are running
Jakarta/Tomcat 3.1 or 3.2 so that I can see what kind of content is typically
possible with this technology?

Thanks.  I'm very new to Java and want to understand this better.  I'm
running Apache and PHP for a site of mine and want to consider Tomcat for
things PHP isn't able to do.  It would be nice for http://jakarta.apache.org/
to have a User's Showcase or something like that where people can see sites
powered by tomcat.

--
-------- Robert B. Easter  reaster@comptechnews.com ---------
- CompTechNews Message Board   http://www.comptechnews.com/ -

RE: Jakarta/Tomcat 3.2 sites

Posted by Michael Dowling <mi...@e-acumen.com>.
Robert:

e-Acumen is an ASP for the energy services market.  With deregulation,
electricity/energy became a commodity.  Our all-web based software products
provides analytics and modelling for certain scenarios for those
organizations.  We provide analytics & modelling for short term forecasting
(0-8 day -- AcuPower), mid-term (60-365 days -- AcuRisk), and long term
(1-30 years -- Asset Modeller).  This is all critical Risk Management
software, and uses some load balancing schemes for offloading analytics to
different machines.  We use tomcat *heavily* throughout each product,
includign internal tools for managing the different variables...

Tomcat has served us well.  We're currently a mix 3.1/3.2 shop.

thanks, mdd