Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Schuerig <mi...@schuerig.de> on 2004/09/08 20:44:38 UTC

JSP on-server compilation: classpath problem?

When I deploy a JSP document with Tomcat 5.5.1 without precompiling, I
get an error message when accessing the corresponding web page.

---->---->---->---->----

An error occurred at line: 32 in the jsp file: /test.jspx
Generated servlet error:
org.apache.jsp.tag.web.selection_tagx cannot be resolved or is not a
type

An error occurred at line: 32 in the jsp file: /test.jspx
Generated servlet error:
org.apache.jsp.tag.web.selection_tagx cannot be resolved or is not a
type

        org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:84)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:328)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTCompiler.generateClass(JDTCompiler.java:382)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:280)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:259)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:247)
        org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:544)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:296)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:302)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:246)
---->---->---->---->----

I can precompile the document without a problem. If I don't precompile,
the jasper compiler does everything it's supposed to do. The following
files all exist

$CATALINA_HOME/work/Catalina/localhost/myapp/org/apache/jsp/test_jspx.java
$CATALINA_HOME/work/Catalina/localhost/myapp/org/apache/jsp/tag/web/selection_tagx.java
$CATALINA_HOME/work/Catalina/localhost/myapp/org/apache/jsp/tag/web/selection_tagx.class

For some reason, the JDTCompiler doesn't find the compiled
selection_tagx.class.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                            This is not a false alarm
mailto:michael@schuerig.de                         This is not a test