Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Jeremy Farbota <jf...@payoff.com> on 2017/07/18 17:48:49 UTC

Re: FTPS support in FTPTransfer (List/Fetch/Get/PutFTP) in NiFi 1.3

Moving this comment to dev per Andy's suggestion.

Currently NiFi does not support FTPS.

Box.com does not use SFTP (only FTP over SSL or FTPS). It'd be great to
move my ftp stuff to NiFi, but I need FTPS. AFAIK the FTPTransfer util
would need to include FTPSClient library and reference it. While I could
tape this together with an execute script or invoke script, I'd prefer it
built-in so I can utilize all the functionality of ListFtp, FetchFtp, etc.

Let me know if anyone would be interested to work on this, and I'd be glad
to test and give feedback.

Kindly,

[image: Payoff, Inc.]
*Jeremy Farbota*
Software Engineer, Data
Payoff, Inc.

jfarbota@payoff.com
(217) 898-8110 <+2178988110>

Posted by Joey Frazee <jo...@icloud.com>.
Jeremy, I started on this at one point (see https://github.com/jfrazee/nifi/commits/NIFI-2188). It’s lacking tests and there’s some changes needed to make it more explicit when you’ve misconfigured it, but it might be worth a go if you want to try building from the branch.

I somehow knew this would be for Box.com.

Thanks!

-joey