Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by Subramanian Venkatesan <vs...@bea.com> on 2004/09/10 11:27:20 UTC

Scomp chokes on compiling WebDAV XSD

I had a problem compiling a WebDAV XSD like so:

elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="DAV:" xmlns="DAV:" >
</xs:schema>

The scomp command was choking on the "DAV:" when it tried to generate a
package name from the XSD.

The problem was happening due to a namespace of "DAV:" in the XSD.
I changed the org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.common.NameUtil Java file line

	if (buf.length() > 0)
	{
        	return buf.substring(0, buf.length() - 1); // chop off
extra dot
	}
	else
	{
        	return buf.toString(); // chop off extra dot
	}

From

     	return buf.substring(0, buf.length() - 1); // chop off extra dot

Now, it seems to work...

Is this a known problem?

Thanks
Mani