Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Developer Developer <de...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/03 21:54:18 UTC

newbiew question on WSDD and WSDL

What is the different between WSDD and WSDL. My understanding is
 WSDD - is used to deploy a webservice on the webserver
WSDL- Is used to publish the web service in the UDDI.
 Is that right ?
 What is the best way to create a WSDD for a webservice defined in the java
( have access to the source code). Where can I find more information on
WSDD- a tutorial on how to create WSDD. Are there any open source tools that
help create WSDD.
 Thanks a lot in advance. !

Re: newbiew question on WSDD and WSDL

Posted by Vishist Mandapaka <vi...@gmail.com>.
Ron,
If I may add my understanding....

UDDI is synchronous to DNS in one way. The difference between DNS and UDDI
is DNS works at network layer where as UDDI works at Application layer.
Presuming a client is unaware where a particular service is running, he
might lookup in the UDDI, fetch the wsdl (which contains precise location of
the host providing the service) and invoke the service. this setup will work
in internet. In intranet such as corporate networks, UDDI might not be of
much use as two different teams might know where the webservice is being
hosted.
thanks
vishist.

Posted by Ron Reynolds <Ro...@RonReynolds.com>.