Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Sandeep Baldawa <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/08 00:24:01 UTC

quick meetup on irc chat

Hi,

Would it be possible to meet on irc chat at a particular time, as I need
clarification on the following.

- A quick run through where the scripts for backend functionality reside
and what they do.
- Sandbox methodology for Ambari builds.
- Quick discussion on unit and functional tests.
- Environment recommended for doing testing, before submitting code for
review.
- Ambari code building good practices eg:- If I change just the agent code,
do I have to still rebuild the whole code base or maybe not?

If there are other newbies like me, perhaps they could also join, please
advice if this would be possible and at what time.

Best,
Sandeep

Re: quick meetup on irc chat

Posted by Sandeep Baldawa <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the clarification and answers, your previous email answered my
queries too.

Re: quick meetup on irc chat

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Sandeep,

<sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> - A quick run through where the scripts for backend functionality reside
> and what they do.
the scripts are mostly in ambari-agent/src/main/puppet

> - Sandbox methodology for Ambari builds.
Not sure what this means. Can you elaborate?

> - Quick discussion on unit and functional tests.
Unit tests can be run via mvn test. Right now there are no functional
tests in the code base.

> - Environment recommended for doing testing, before submitting code for
> review.
Mostly the dev environment on the cwiki.

> - Ambari code building good practices eg:- If I change just the agent code,
> do I have to still rebuild the whole code base or maybe not?

Not really. Server code and agent code are separate builds combined by
the top level pom files.

> If there are other newbies like me, perhaps they could also join, please
> advice if this would be possible and at what time.

Again, feel free to jump in on IRC and ping specific folks if you want to.

> Best,
> Sandeep

thanks
mahadev