Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Vladimir Bossicard <vl...@adnovum.com> on 2002/09/04 19:12:24 UTC

Embedded version with the cvs version

Hi all,

I've updated my cvs repository yesterday and saw that many things had
changed (no server anymore, no Kernel...)  I try to embed Xindice into
my application so if anyone has an example with the latest cvs version
(and not the 1.0 version), I'll be delighted to have a look at it :-)

Thanks in advance,

-Vladimir

 Vladimir Bossicard              mailto:vladimir.bossicard@adnovum.com
 Software Engineer                             MS Computer Science ETH

 AdNovum Software Inc. San Mateo, CA 94404    phone: +1 (650) 525 9322
 1400 Fashion Island Boulevard, Suite 309     fax:   +1 (650) 525 9324
 AdNovum Informatik AG http://www.adnovum.ch  phone: +41 (1)  272 6111
 Roentgenstrasse 22, CH-8005 Zuerich          fax:   +41 (1)  272 6312

XPath max size

Posted by Dirk Bromberg <br...@tzi.de>.
Hi,

i want to know if there is a max lenght for an xpath.?

because in or project we will use the xpath search by this way:

<doc>
<keywords>
<keyword>Tree</keyword>
<keyword>Car</keyword>
<keyword>House</keyword>
..
..
..
..
20 more
</keywords>

</doc>

xpath should be like

	get all docs with Keyword=Tree and not keyword=Car or .... and
so one

we think there can be like 50 expressions of "keyword='some'"

is there someone how did the same, and can say that this will work ??

what is with the performance of the search will it grow with the bigger
size of an xpath???
is there factor ?? like 1 match 100ms and 2 matches 200ms ??

Thanks

Dirk

AW: Embedded version with the cvs version

Posted by Dirk Bromberg <br...@tzi.de>.
Hey,

to use the embed version you can reuse your code you must only do some
like this to get a collection:

Collection myCol =
DatabaseManager.getCollection("xmldb:xindice-embed:///db/");

but the driver is not stable

one problem is that you have to do a System.exit() when you will exit
your program because there are threads which are not stop on the last
collection.close()...

the first start creates the collection root directory (/db) at your
program startup dir. (i think)

greets

Dirk