Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by "lorenzo.martinelli" <lo...@infotn.it> on 2011/09/19 16:26:14 UTC

servicemix-wsn2005

Is there a roadmap for servicemix-wsn2005? This component will be evolved in
the next releases of ServiceMix?

Thank's
Lorenzo Martinelli

Re: servicemix-wsn2005

Posted by "lorenzo.martinelli" <lo...@infotn.it>.
Thank's for your response.

ServiceMix is the only implementation for WS-Notification (I haven't found
others): WS-Notification isn't so popular. Reading your response, I received
confirmation that servicemix-wsn2005 isn't a strategic module for the
project: it's correct? The next release for service mix will support this
standard? Re-architecting this component in CXF is so important for
ServiceMix project (WS-Notification in my opinion is "dead")?

Re: servicemix-wsn2005

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

While we want to shift the focus of development away from the components and
encourage people to move to Camel, the WS-Notification is a bit of a special
case in that it currently does not exist in Camel or CXF.  We had a bit of a
discussion about that a while ago (cfr.
http://servicemix.396122.n5.nabble.com/DiSCUSS-WS-Notification-td4563871.html)
and I still think it would be a worthwhile thing to re-architect and make
sure we can still support that specification.  The fact that you're now
asking about the component is in itself a proof that people actually have
use cases for it.

Also, if you fancy helping out in re-building this component in a non-JBI
way (either by developing, testing or being an early adopter of the
revisited variant), be sure to let us know - we really love any kind of
contribution ;-)

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com

Re: servicemix-wsn2005

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Lorenzo,

The ServiceMix Components are mostly on bug fixes mode. We don't make
big enhancement on the components, as we prefer to use Camel.

Anyway, if you see some bugs and interesting enhancements, feel free to
raise a Jira, I will take a look.

Regards
JB

On 09/19/2011 04:26 PM, lorenzo.martinelli wrote:
> Is there a roadmap for servicemix-wsn2005? This component will be evolved in
> the next releases of ServiceMix?
>
> Thank's
> Lorenzo Martinelli

Jean-Baptiste Onofré